Friday, March 06, 2015

MODOT offers update on Crossroads Interchange construction

(From MODOT)

Crossroads Interchange Construction
Update for Week of March 9, 2015

Work scheduled:
Installing work zone signs along east- and westbound I-44/I-49 and on ramps for eastbound Route 249/I-44.
Installing concrete barriers along the shoulders and restriping eastbound and westbound I-44/I-49 for traffic shift.

Traffic Impacts:
Nighttime lane closings on I-44/I-49 in the area of Prigmor Avenue. Work hours 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Narrowed lanes on I-44/I-49 for the duration of the project.
At least one lane of traffic open in each direction on I-44/I-49.

Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule.

Project Background:
Build interchange at Prigmor Avenue (Jasper County Road 190) over I-44/I-49 with ramps connecting to the interstate
Build roundabouts on each end of bridge over I-44/I-49 to connect ramps to Prigmor Avenue
Resurface and add two foot shoulders on Prigmor Avenue between new interchange and 7th Street (Route 66) to the north
Prime Contractor: Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc., Columbia
Total Project Cost: $8.6 million
Completion Date: November 1, 2015

No comments: