Thursday, November 13, 2014

C. J. Huff being honored tonight and we're paying for it

C. J. Huff is being honored tonight as one of the Joplin Regional Business Journal's 15 Men of Distinction- and  he and those at his table will have their food, drinks, and admission completely covered by Joplin R-8 taxpayers.

As noted earlier in the Turner Report, the R-8 Board of Education, during its October meeting, approved paying $240 for a table at the gala event.

In the most recent edition of Joplin Regional Business Journal, Huff revealed a couple of things about himself that might surprise those who know him.

First, he always puts himself second:

I think about all the men God placed in my life over the years and what it was about them that made them special. They always put themselves second.

Second, he is always willing to admit his mistakes:

I try to lead by example. I think those close to me would agree I'm pretty vulnerable in that I'm not afraid to own my mistakes and share with others what I learn as I learn it. I believe it is important for those around me to know that learning to lead is a never-ending process. You never really arrive.

The bill for the event, which had its payment approved by the R-8 Board, is pictured below:














***
A school district where there is no discipline, incredibly unsavory things are being done to raise graduation rates, and the teachers are left in a smartboard jungle to fend for themselves. How in the world do I come up with these ideas. For sale at Amazon and locally:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sees everything the exact opposite of what it truly is. He is the king of denial.

Anonymous said...

He got one thing right about leading. He never arrived. He never even stopped to ask for directions.

Anonymous said...

These people have made an art form out of false modesty. "I am but a humble god, bathing mere mortals in my infinite glory. Its not easy being me. I have the awesome responsibility of working miracles with nothing but the pitiful stock of humanity that surrounds me. Alas, I find solace in the wonders I have wrought, despite the shackles of reality...."

Anonymous said...

Dang CJ has more chins than a Chinese phone book

Anonymous said...

If only he could nominate himself for the Nobel prize.

Anonymous said...

Huff is an arrogant fake just like Anson, Carol, and several other media contacts in town, including a media contact for a large company and he is the biggest fake of all of them.

Anonymous said...

The commenters have certainly listed a who's who of media fakes. Starting with Mr. Bigshot, each and every one of them have provided many absurd moments that are unintentionally entertaining. 12:58, I wouldn't be surprised if the "media contact" mentioned by 6:19 nominates himself for a nobel prize. In fact, every time I see his name in the paper, I assume it's him announcing his nomination for said prize.

Anonymous said...

Yes. It is time we get the fake outta here!

Anonymous said...

When CJ is honored, we are all honored.


Sorry, I just threw up a little in my own mouth.