Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Advertisements removed from Turner Report, Inside Joplin

I have become increasingly irritated the past few weeks over some nagging problems with some of the advertising that has been running on the Turner Report and some of my other blogs.

As of about 10 minutes ago, I removed that advertising.

The advertising, from a company named InfoLinks, focused on key words in the text of my posts and put links on them, taking care to look different from normal links. Over the past several weeks, the company has also started using some pop-up advertising.

I tolerated the poor appearance the InfoLinks advertising gave to the blog and the popups because I liked the money that was coming in from the InfoLinks ads.

I started thinking a while ago how much it irritates me when I go to the Joplin Globe's mobile site and have to deal with a popup that follows with me as I scroll down the page (not to mention that irritating popup that tells me how many more pages I can view this month).

If I don't like them when they are featured on the Joplin Globe and other websites, there is no reason for me to ask my readers to like them when they are on my news sites.

Thank you for your patience. I am continuing to do whatever I can to improve these blogs and provide a strong source of news and commentary for Joplin and southwest Missouri.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks Randy keep up the good work